Hitsongz Artiste of the Year 2019 [Updated By Hitsongz Media]
The Nigeria music industry has enjoyed a very tremendous progress this year with
few international recognition, nominations and collaboration.
And also with a lot of breakout stars this year with the likes of Rema, joeboy, fireboy e.t.c we can say this year has really been a blessing for the Nigeria music industry.
So from your point of view, who do you think is the artiste of the year?
Hitsongz make the list of artistes that are worthy and their achievements this year
to be known as the artiste of the year:
1. Naira Marley- 6hit songs, and 2 collaborations.
2. Zlatan ibile – 3 major hit songs and 2 major collaborations.
3. Joeboy – 3hit songs one major local collaboration and one EP.
4. Fireboy: 3hit songs one album.
5. Rema: 3hit songs and two Ep and well he collected headies next rated.
6. Kizz daniel: 4 major hit songs and two major local collaborations.
7. Reekado banks: 2 major hit songs.
8. Mayorkun: 3 hit songs and 3 major collaborations.
9. Yemi alade: 2 major hit songs two major international collaboration and
10. Simi: 2 major hit songs and one collaboration.
11. Mr eazi: 3 major hit songs.
12. Peruzzi: 3 major hit songs and one album
13. Tiwa savage: two major hit songs and one international collaboration
14. Wizkid: 2 hit songs, one major international collaboration and one EP
15. Davido: 1 hit song, 1 major international collaboration, 2 major local
collaborations and one album
16. Olamide: Two major hit songs and one major collaboration
17. Burnaboy: 4 major hit songs two major international collaborations, one
major nomination (Grammy award) and one major local collaboration.
These are the few artistes who blew our minds this year…. Forget breakout
stars like Rema, joeboy and the likes. The big question now is who is the
artiste of the year?
After our general review on all this amazing artistes whose songs has lifted the sadden heart and ignited fire in the mind of Nigerians and the world at large, We the Hitsongz Entertainment Media hereby announce BURNA BOY as our Artist of the Year
On 3 January 2019, he was announced alongside Mr Eazi as one of the artists performing at the 2019 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.
He won four awards at the Soundcity MVP Awards Festival, including African Artiste of the Year, Listener’s Choice and Best Male MVP.
On 21 March 2019, Burna Boy released a 4-track collaborative EP with Los Angeles-based electronic duo DJDS, titled Steel & Copper.
On June 24, 2019, Burna Boy won Best International Act at the 2019 BET Awards. In July 2019, Burna Boy was announced as Apple Music’s Up Next artist.
His inclusion into the program was accompanied by a Beats 1 interview with Julie Adenuga and a short documentary.
He recorded “Ja Ara E” (Yoruba: “wise up” or “use your head”) for Beyoncé’s The Lion King: The Gift and was the only guest artist with their own track on the soundtrack album.
Burna Boy’s fourth studio album African Giant was released on July 26, 2019. It has been supported by six singles: “Gbona”, “On the Low”, Killin Dem”, “Dangote”, “Anybody” and “Pull Up”.
He began recording the album in 2018. He told Billboard magazine that the album is his most personal yet.
He first revealed plans to release the album in April 2019, and held a private listening session in Los Angeles.
Photos and videos from the listening session were shared on social media. African Giant was initially announced as a 16-track album.
In order to promote the album, Burna Boy headlined the African Giant Returns tour, the second leg of his African Giant tour. Burna Boy recorded “My Money, My Baby”, a track that appeared on Queen & Slim‘s soundtrack album.
Described as an “Afrobeat-tinged track”, “My Money, My Baby” contains a sample of Fela Kuti’s 1972 song “Shakara”
Burna boy won West African Male Artiste of the Year and Album of the Year at the All Africa Music Awards. Headies Song of the Year award was also presented to him an many of them but to mention but a few.